Thursday, March 13, 2008

Just Work, Just Work

"All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty."-Proverbs 14:23

"He who works his land will have abundant food, but the one who chases fantasies will have his fill of poverty."-Proverbs 28:19

I love my job, I get paid to sit on my butt to deliver parts to businesses. I get to talk to people everyday and BS. I don't sit in a cubicle all day, I love it! I don't make that much, I thank God every night for blessing me with work. I bust my hump at work, I'm always staying busy. I try to have a Christ like attitude at work but I struggle. My co-workers like working me with me, I get a lot of compliments about my performance. My co-workers are cool (besides a couple) they make work fun! One of my managers told me that I could work hard as long as I want to but it wouldn't matter because they wouldn't pay me more. He didn't mean anything wrong with that all he was saying was that our company is tight with their money. I'm not in it for the money I'm just their to support myself.

Montgomery Gentry says in their song "something To Be Proud Of" you don't have to make million just be thankful to be working. 2 years ago when I was working for the Conservation Corps in the Olympic National Park. I was making not that much, I was doing hard manual labor but it had benefits to it. My crew and I made some cool stuff and did some traveling. I made some close bonds. This job was only for a year and it was the coolest! In the beginning I was lazy and in the end my character and work ethic was stronger. I believe that if you work hard you will be a success. Colin Powell started sweeping floors and later became Sectary of State! I have a co-worker who is a slacker and everyone notices it. I want to cuss him out and put my foot in his you know what. But I just ignore it. I always try to put myself first at my job, and people are starting to rely on me more which is cool, I learned something new today at work! It was just a small easy topic but it was awesome to me!

So I remind myself every morning it is all meaningless in the end, I don't need to make million, a big house, drive a Ferrari, and order a latte cream non-fat mocha french vallina coffe black grande. I just need to work to survive. And God willing I want to make a sucessful life for myself.

1 comment:

The Griffith Family said...

Hutch... you totally rock! More people in this world...including myself need to have this same attitude that you have here. You inspire me and pump me up. Thanks for your dedication and eager to live your life for Jesus! Keep it up!